Why is it every time I visit Griffin I feel this longing to come back? I love where I live. I love my family, my friends, but there is something about Griffin that draws me back. Maybe it's all the memories and the wonderful friends I made. Many of them have moved on. Not all of them. My bestest friend ever, Carrie, still lives here until she is called to go elsewhere, (i.e. library school). That and my mom lives here and I love being with her. I dread the moment I have to leave her. Auburn and Griffin and simliar in many ways, but very different. Different atmosphere, different memories. Something they have in common is I love them both and both of them are cherished.
They also hold the lives of people I love very much and don't know where I'd be without them. God has placed amazing people in my life no matter where I've lived. Travel down memory lane and many important people stand out in my mind. I don't know where I'd be without them. If there was a way I could take of them and squish them all together, I think I would. I have no idea how well my new friends and old would get along. They are all amazing so I'm pretty sure they'd do well. I think Jennifer and Carrie would get along great. Jessica can be liked by everyone. Leah too! She's too cute not to be liked.
Like I said, Griffin and Auburn are also different. In Griffin lives my high school and the memories that join it. The nights of marching band and more importantly days spent chillin with my friends. Carrie's basement with it's record player. Without the pressures of a job, it also seems much more relaxing. When I lived here I think it still held this relaxed feeling. I want to stay here when I come, but when I get back I don't have time to think about it. It's like I pause for a moment here and think "hey, this is nice. I like it here." I do think about it when I go home, but not as much.
Back in Auburn/ Opelika, I'm always on the go. I have so much going on. I love the college atmosphere and the family I have there. Thursday nights of the housing authority are perhaps my favorite. How would Griffin benefit from the same? I'm sure someone is doing the same here, right? The memories of Auburn are different. My friends in Griffin are mostly right around my age, but when I go to Auburn I have friends from age 4 until senior citizens. I know if I stayed here it would be the same. At least, I think it would.
I'm just sitting here thinking about this place and how wonderful it is. How I'd like to stay. I am definitely glad I have both these places to call home, even if one I can only visit.
God is great. And home truly is where the heart is.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment